In addition to being a trusted plastic surgeon in the Cleveland area, Dr. Paul Vanek is a master sculptor; his medium, the human body. A double board-certified general and plastic surgeon, a biochemist, and a researcher for the National Institutes of Health, Dr. Vanek knows how the body works, and understands how to manipulate its structures to unlock and celebrate his patients’ beauty. He is a gifted artist with extensive scientific training.
He utilizes cutting-edge techniques and continues to explore new research for the benefit of his patients and the fulfillment of their dreams. He teaches and participates in national research studies so that he can have a greater impact on the field and improve outcomes for patients. Dr. Vanek’s intense involvement in his field is driven by his desire to be the best possible plastic surgeon who provides exemplary care for his patients from Cleveland and all parts of Ohio.
Dr. Vanek then formulates the possible methods of achieving your goals so you can make an informed decision. Dr. Vanek knows the human body and will set clear, realistic expectations for what is achievable with your anatomy. His goal is your satisfaction; he aspires to sculpt your body into the shape you desire.
A Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Dr. Vanek is a highly trained and experienced plastic surgeon with special skill in breast augmentation, advanced liposuction techniques, facial rejuvenation, laser skin rejuvenation, and skin care. Dr. Vanek earned his M.D. with “Distinction in Research” from the University of Rochester School of Medicine. He served as the Chief Surgery Resident at University of Rochester.
Dr. Vanek was voted by the readers of the News Herald as “Best of the Best” in Plastic Surgery in both 2012 and 2014.
Dr. Vanek is an Eagle Scout, knows American Sign Language, served as chairman of the school board at St. Mary of the Assumption Church, and plays classical trumpet. He is a philanthropist and humanitarian, and has been honored by the American Red Cross for his relief work in Haiti. He is a gardener, particularly fond of orchids, and is an excellent marksman.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
Affiliations and Honors:
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Ohio State Medical Society
- Lake County Medical Society
- Lake Hospital Foundation
- America’s Top Physicians 2004-2005
- Life Member National Registry of Who’s Who 2000 Edition
Residency and Fellowships:
- University of Michigan
- Division of Plastic Surgery – Fellow
- University of Rochester School of Medicine
- Dept. of Surgery – Chief Surgery Resident and General Surgery
- University of Rochester School of Medicine – M.D. with Distinction in Research
- Haverford College – BA in Molecular Biology
- Magill-Rhodes Scholar
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
Languages & Special Qualifications:
- Sign Language
- Eagle Scout